Saturday, May 5, 2007

TV DAD OF THE WEEK


That's right folks, the one and only Jason Seaver! At least top ten of my all-time tv dad's list, and could conceivably crack the top 5. Speaking of fives.....I'd like to think Alan Thicke's five on his cellular phone would be Micheal Gross, Tracy Gold, Tony Danza, Joanna Kerns, and Bill Kirchenbauer (Coach Lubbock). You'd have thought Kirk Cameron and Jeremy Miller would be locks. But I think Kirk probably preached his way out of it, and the McDonald's commercial was the beginning of the end for Jeremy. Gotta think those two'll need nothing short of the next Herman's Head, to even get invited to Alan's next fondue party, as I think we all know those invites ain't easy to come by. Why is there no Alan Thicke reality show on VH-1? C'MON! The title would be so easy, "Through Thicke and Thin" or "The Thicke of it All". Why I am not one of the creative forces at VH-1, I'll never know.

2 comments:

Eileen said...

I would have to agree with your comments. And you *should* be a creative force at Vh1. Instead of "I Love New York" we could watch 80's TV Dads play pranks on one another in the classic show "Everywhere You Look: As Long as We've Got Each Other." Too bad Vh1 doesn't know talent when they see it (no bitterness here).

I've always longed for a Thicke fondue party. Someday. Someday.....

Jill said...

Extra points to Alan Thicke for his song writing abilities for gameshow theme songs and of course, one of our favorites, the theme to "Diff'rent Strokes."