Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Favorite 80s Cartoons

While cartoons today are utter crap, the 80s gave us some great ones. Now, all apologies to Jill, but I was never a huge fan of Snorks. Sure I watched it, but it seemed to be too much like, "hey let's slightly modify Smurfs and throw'em under water." Like we wouldn't notice? But to be fair I actually liked Snorks better than Smurfs. Both shows kind of wore thin on me pretty quickly. Much, like Eileen I liked the action 'toons. Here's my Top 5 80s cartoons:

#5: The Littles:




#4-Hulk Hogan's Rockin' Wrestling


Hogan knows best?

#3-Danger Mouse


#2-Transformers



And of course the piece de resistance, the crown jewel of my 80s cartoon watching......-Voltron

2 comments:

Jill said...

While I did like the action cartoons of Thundercats and She-Ra/He-Man like Eileen, I never really got into Transformers and the like. I guess I just liked my silly, cute cartoons (i.e. Pound Puppies).

Were The Littles considered action? I loved them, because they were teeney and cute. And Danger Mouse...well he's a mouse, so that's a given with me.

And don't apologize if you disagree, the "question of the week" should spark heated debate!

Eileen said...

I would like to politely disagree with Jill...on the spelling of "teeney." I believe it's "teeny"...I would know b/c I have that word trademarked. Just so you know.

Mr. Willie Moe, your list just brought back all sorts of lost childhood memories! I loved all of the cartoons you mentioned. (Well, maybe I didn't "love" Hulk Hogan, but I definitely watched it.) Voltron was a good one, as was Transformers. And I can't believe I forgot about The Littles! Nicely done, sir.

I can't wait until we have a heated debate about the greatest tv theme songs of all time. I can only imagine the flame that will be shooting through people's fingers on that debate...