Friday, May 18, 2007

Does anyone else remember…?

In Eileen’s nostalgia post of last week she mentioned the Nickelodeon show Today’s Special, which was also one of my favorites. However, there was another Nick show which I remember from my childhood, but some people don’t seem to. It was called Pinwheel:

I remember the intro, and for some reason that my favorite episode was titled “Balloons,” and there was maybe another one on “Snowflakes” or something. I remember tuning in with my Mom in anticipation to see if they were going to show the “Balloons” episode again. My family also has documented on one of their many recorded cassette tapes me singing the Pinwheel theme song, along with "Do The Muffy" from Today's Special. (Remember recording yourself singing or doing fake “radio shows” into those old 70s and 80s tape recorders? Technology at its finest. But that’s another post.)

Supplemental fun fact: What is now Nickelodeon actually premiered as the Pinwheel Channel for 2 years, until it was renamed.

4 comments:

James said...

I do remember the theme song to Pinwheel but I can't recall much of the show.

I was more of a PBS kid. I had my schedule of Mr. Rogers, Sesame Street and 3-2-1 Contact.

I did love Mr. Wizard on Nick though.

Jill said...

Mr. Wizard was awesome! I watched all those PBS shows too. Come to think of it, I probably was just raised in front of a television.

Eileen said...

I definitely remember Pinwheel! It was a classic. And, on the subject of Mr. Wizard, he may have been the last person to help me enjoy science. God bless him!

Willie Moe said...

I did watch Pinwheel and it's creepier now than ever. It's certainly no Out of Control with Dave Coulier....cut....it....out!