Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Question of the Week: Favorite 80s Cartoon

In following suit with Eileen’s 80s nostalgia post, I pose this question: What was your favorite cartoon from the 80s?

Mine would have to be Snorks:



Snorks has been knocked around a lot, being called a lesser version of The Smurfs, etc. For a time I had trouble finding people who actually remembered the show.

Of course I most identified with Casey, and I loved her boyfriend All-Star and his pet octopus Occy. I’ve seen online that it may come out on DVD in 2009, fingers-crossed!

Here’s some random clips:





So what was YOUR favorite cartoon in the 80s?

2 comments:

Eileen said...

Now that is a tough question. While I enjoyed the Snorks (how do people not remember it?), I liked more of the action cartoons.

I think my favorite cartoon was probably She-Ra: Princess of Power. However, very closely behind would be He-Man & the Masters of the Universe (obviously) and Thundercats (Ho!).

80s cartoons were so much better than anything that's out today! That's not a biased opinion, it's science.

James said...

I know it's not a cartoon and thus technically cheating. But I think I should get a pass because of how great it was. One of my favorites was Fraggle Rock. The music and energy was infectious!

Other than that, I was definitely a GI: Joe and Transformers guy. And even though it is from the early 90s I feel Doug deserves a mention.