Monday, May 7, 2007

Is it better to burn out or fade away?

I love Lost. Don't get me wrong. It's maybe my favorite show that's currently on TV...maybe. Or at least second favorite.

But why, dear God, why is ABC pushing it for 3 more years?! We're already in season 3, which was better than season 2 was, but I fear nothing will top season 1.

How many more storylines can you go through? The writers have already discovered viewer-backlash when they tried to introduce new characters (see Nikki and Paolo). I feel like most unaswered questions can be wrapped up with just one more season, not three.

You're already losing viewership, but I guess ABC still likes the numbers enough for their marketing. I just hope it doesn't drop SO low that it gets cancelled and they never air the answers to any remaining questions.

I don't know if anyone else watches this show...but that's just my two cents worth.

1 comment:

Eileen said...

I don't watch the show, since I haven't seen it from the beginning (I'll watch it when all the seasons have been released on DVD). However, I have read some of the criticisms of Lost. Even though it's a different target audience, this is The O.C. all over again. They should have stopped at season three, but they pushed for one more horribly mediocre, short season. Frankly, it would have been better to say, "Marissa Cooper's dead. What can possibly top that?"

I'm assuming the same is true for Lost. (Maybe that's where Marissa Cooper went...) Instead of pushing for ratings all the time, networks should push for show integrity.