Monday, May 21, 2007

Random Songs on the Brain

I thought I would continue with the music topic. I am a bit of a freak and I readily admit that. One of my freakish qualities is my daily humming of random songs. I will be sitting at my desk at work and without even realizing it, I'll be humming along to a song. The students think I'm nuts, which there is probably a good reason for. What is strange about it all is that these aren't songs I recently heard and can't get out of my head. These are usually songs from the back recesses of my brain. They arrive with no warning to the forefront of my mind and before I know it, I'm humming along. The whole thing is completely out of my control.

So without further ado here is my list of songs that were jumping around my brain today. Sadly I couldn't make up these choices even if I wanted to.

Sarah McLachlan - Adia

Musical Youth - Pass the Dutchie

Saigon Kick - Love is on the Way

Kris Kross - Jump (You know you tried wearing your clothes
backwards at least once.)

The Godfather Theme

So am I the only one that taps into the back catalogue of their brain so the can entertain themselves throughout the day?

2 comments:

Eileen said...

All good choices. And no, you are not the only one. Is there any other way to go through life?

Jill said...

You are absolutely not the only one. Or at least not the only one on this blog! That's why I have so many random songs I must have for my iPod (over 5,000 and growing). I believe I have most of those songs you listed...except Sarah McLachlan, but that's a whole 'nother story.

And yes, I distinctly remember after gym class one day putting my jeans on backwards.