Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Did Some Digging

SoI was in my local Best Buy the other day and stumbled upon something intriguing. Now, as a supposed pop-culture afficianado, I looked at this and said, "Wait a tick! Hold the phone....a car could be blue!" You see I had never heard anything about this item that was staring me in the face. It looked awesome, but I was wondering, if this is something that, I, as a pop-cultist should have known about? So I contacted by pop guru, and it was decided that I should post it anyways, cause people need to know about it. So here it is....Diggers. Diggers is a movie starring Paul Rudd, Ken Marino, Ron Eldard (which probably means Paul Rudd was next in line for Men Behaving Badly, I dunno?), Maura Tierney and Sarah Paulson. Ken Marino also wrote this bad boy.It's about clam diggers,coming of age. Sounds great right? Here's the preview:



Paul Rudd get's my vote for Celebrity Male Crush of the Month.

4 comments:

Eileen said...

Finally, something I'd heard of before someone else!

Apparently Diggers was shown before the initial screenings of The Ten (which looks awesome), written by David Wain and Ken Marino. They played it at select theaters and then released it to DVD.

I have it at the top of my Netflix queue and right now it's got a "Very Long Wait" status, so I guess the word is out!

Paul Rudd is also very crush-worthy. Did you see him in The Baxter (written by Michael Showalter)? He was hilarious!

Jill said...

Wow, with title cards like "And a boatload of problems" and "When life gets confusing," why did this fall through the cracks? Anyone?

Paul Rudd I'm a little "eh" on. (Him?) He's definitely better in his comedic moments, but Romeo + Juliet and The Object of My Affection are just hard for me to get over. Clueless I can handle. But yes, I do know his comedic history is larger than those two sore thumbs.

James said...

One of the few Paul Rudd movies not on my Netflix queue. I think Paul's career has started to head in a much better direction now that he seems to be focusing more on comedy.

Jill said...

"Diggers" made EW's "Must List" this week. Looks like they must be taking hints from this blog!