Tuesday, May 15, 2007

It's going to be LEGEN--wait for it--DARY!

So last night brought the close to Season 2 of How I Met Your Mother , a great CBS show which isn't really considered "popular" by any means, but I'm glad is still on.

I first discovered it thanks to the wonderful Entertainment Weekly who two summers ago sent me a DVD with pilots of two TV shows, the aforementioned HIMYM and Everybody Hates Chris, asking me to preview them and then take an online survey. I shared that DVD with at least three people having liked the shows so much.

There were many great moments this season on HIMYM. There was discovery of Robin's Canadian teen-pop stardom as Robin Sparkles with her hit "Let's Go to the Mall." There was Barney's flashback sequence of his losing his virginity story, which really was just his head digitally placed on top of Patrick Swayze's from Dirty Dancing.

But for me, my favorite moment of the season was three episodes ago, where Barney went on The Price is Right, believing that Bob Barker is his father:



My favorite is the scene when he spins the wheel.

So dear reader, what was YOUR favorite HIMYM moment of Season 2?

4 comments:

Eileen said...

Well, you of course highlighted my three favorite moments in the season. I honestly can't pick a favorite out of the three because they each are so funny in different ways. Robin Sparkles is the cute/clever/get-stuck-in-your-head funny; The Dirty Dancing flashback was just so unexpected and genius (and visually, really well done!); The Price is Right was just laugh-out-loud funny to me, mostly b/c I imagine there already is someone out there training for the show, who knows the retail price of every item ever. Good list!

James said...

One of my favorites was from earlier in the season. The episode with Jane Seymour guest starring as an older woman Barney tries desperately to please. Watching the "player" Barney fail so miserably each time was quite amusing.

This show is one of the unsung gems on television. Let's hope CBS has enough brains to keep it for one more year.

Jill said...

Ah yes the "cougar" episode, that was a good one too.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.