Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Classic Music Video of the Week

Not to step on Jill's finely pedicured pop culture toes, I have a video that I feel is worth a look this week.

One band has surprised me with the entertainment factor of their videos: Foo Fighters.

I remember thinking the Mentos parody video for Big Me was hilarious when it came out in 1996, and to this day I can still see Dave Grohl holding up a roll of "Footos."

Or there was Everlong, in which the band weaves its way through two crazy dreams. (Drummer Taylor Hawkins dressed in drag to play Grohl's wife.)

However, one video stands out above the rest for me. It contains multiple, entertaining characters, an easy-to-follow plot line, relevance to the song itself, and even though it was released in 1999, it still to this day makes me laugh out loud.

Sit back, relax, and enjoy my pick for Classic Music Video of the Week:

Learn to Fly by Foo Fighters

4 comments:

Jill said...

Excellent choice! I love Foo Fighters videos. My personal favorite is Everlong. I love the merging of dreams and the giant hand Grohl gets when he's angry.

I do enjoy "Learn to Fly" though, since that's the the video Grohl looks the hottest in. Of course I'm reffering to when he's the little girl with pigtails.

No, not really. But her mouthing "Oh. My. God." is pretty awesome.

Eileen said...

I think my two favorite parts are when he is the flight attendant showing everyone the emergency procedures and when he's the pilot saying "Thank you" for the coffee.

And yes, regular Dave Grohl is super hot in this video.

Eileen said...

P.S. Does anyone else see the irony that the passengers on the flight who are drinking alcohol are the most capable of flying the plane? Thank goodness for cocktails or that flight may have been doomed!

Jill said...

Silly Tenacious D for accidentally hiding their stash in the coffee filter!