Thursday, July 12, 2007

Classic Music Video of the Week

What? Hello? Is this thing on? Oh, it’s a new week already? I’m still in holiday-mode, I’m sorry. I promise I’ll try to think of something thoughtful and meaningful soon. Pinkie-swear.

But for now, it’s the Classic Music Video of the Week.

I was at my parents’ house for dinner the other night, and started going through one of the VHS tapes of music videos I mentioned previously. Out of the numerous gems I found, I decided to pick this one:

Yes, that’s right, 1986’s Human by The Human League. Gotta love the water theme in this song about infidelity. But hey, they are “born to make mistakes.” I’m also pretty sure Philip Oakey is wearing more makeup in the video than I am currently wearing. And that spoken-word part gets me…every…time.

So enjoy the Yoda-esque lyric “of flesh and blood I’m made.” Happy Thursday.

1 comment:

Eileen said...

I love The Human League, and I love this song. Sure, most people only hear it while they're getting their teeth drilled at the dentist office, but I will listen to it willfully anytime. In fact, I just added it to my night driving mix. So, mock all you want, but I will ALWAYS LOVE THIS SONG! I know it's totally 80s...but so am I.

And yes, he's wearing way more make-up than either of us ever wears. But the trick is that he makes it look so natural...