Friday, July 27, 2007

Classic Music Video of the Week

It’s Friday so I guess I should hurry up and post this week’s Classic Music Video of the Week!

This week I’m picking one of my favorite videos that I actually appreciate for its creativity, as opposed to me making fun of something cheesy. Although with Radiohead, I could make fun of Thom Yorke’s weird facial expressions (especially when he turns around from the window and sings “Hell.”)

To begin with Just is an awesome song off of one of my most-listened-to albums, 1995’s The Bends. Maybe I always liked the video because I’ve had days where I feel like lying in the middle of the sidewalk too. But maybe that’s just me being moody and narcissistic, or as the song says “You do it to yourself, and that’s why it really hurts.” And of course I like the ending. But I won't give it away.

But anyways, have a happy neurotic Friday, and a good weekend.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know Clay Aiken used to be in Radiohead!

Just kidding, of course. But you have to admit, the look is very similar. (We all know who was on scene first.)

Good song and very interesting video. Although, why was he lying down??? I know it's artistic to not say, but I feel like I got Sopranos whacked by that ending.

Eileen said...

I don't know why that just said "anonymous" posted that...it was me.

Jill said...

They've never actually ever said why he was laying down. I think the director once said it wasn't that "important" though, and that you could maybe think of it that the crowd "did it to themselves" by forcing him to tell them why.