Friday, August 24, 2007

Pop-Culture Annoyances, Part One

Per Eileen’s previous request, here are the beginnings of a list. So, in no particular order:

Pop-Culture Things That Make Me Want To Crash My Car Into A Building, Part One:

1. That "Delilah" Song

God that song is so whining and annoying. And everyone seems to love it. Oh it’s so sweet and romantic and…good God, there’s blood pouring from my ears! Make it stop!

2. Sugar Ray

Everything about Sugar Ray bothers me. First of all, their popular songs are crap. I state this because I may cut some slack for their Lemonade and Brownies as opposed to Fly and everything after. But the music is awful, Mark McGrath of Extra is awful, and everyone song is overplayed and annoying. Plus the fact that the lyrics are incredibly ridiculous, and usually about cheating.

3. The Neverending Story

This one doesn’t make me want to crash my car because it’s bad. It just scares the crap out of me. I don’t know why I have an irrational fear of this movie. Maybe all the sad and creepy parts hit me a little hard as a kid. Since I have this terror though, I can’t put a clip up. So here’s a Family Guy-related one instead.

4. Emo

See #1 and the ear bleeding comment. I just don’t get it…I thought there were different eras of this, and it used to just be called depressed adolescence. Or androgynous punk. Or goth. Or just listening to The Smiths or Morrissey. But instead there’s Emo…a great “short” word for Emotional (because it’s so long of a word), which really translates to “sucky music.” This is a good description:



5. Stupid Beer Commercials

Football season is about to commence (not counting pre-season of course). I don’t think I need to elaborate.

6. Beating An Idea to Death (i.e. Penguins)

So first there was March of the Penguins. Then Happy Feet. Now penguins…surfing in Surf’s Up. Okay, we get it. You made money off of penguins. Now let it go. Just go to the Zoo or something.

No comments: