Sunday, September 23, 2007

The Triumph Return of Television

It’s been over three weeks since my last post, and even longer since my last post of substance. But hopefully soon that will all change with the return of Fall Network Programming this week!

The following are the list of shows I’m planning to watch this season…and yes, most of them are returning series. I really don’t have much faith or interest in any of the new offerings.

Mondays:

Of course I will be continuing my watching of How I Met Your Mother, which should contain more hilarious moments as the last season provided.

I will be simultaneously taping Everybody Hates Chris on the CW. I find this sitcom more “cute” than laugh-out-loud funny, and I enjoy the 80s pop culture.

Also I will be watching Heroes. I am late coming into this show, but have been able to catch up on the first season through NetFlix, and I do find this show enjoyable in that comic book way.

Tuesdays:

…will apparently be spent watching something from NetFlix, or reading.

Wednesdays:

I’ve decided to give Private Practice a try, since I am a fan of Grey’s Anatomy. I never have much faith in spinoffs, though.

A show that premiered last week I happened to catch and enjoyed is Kitchen Nightmares, featured Hell’s Kitchen's Gordon Ramsay. I just find him so ridiculously entertaining and enjoy any show where a majority of the dialogue has to be bleeped out. Like this:

Thursdays:

Grey’s Anatomy will be watched, but my expectations are low as well. They have a lot to make up for after the second half of last season.

My Name is Earl…although I love Jason Lee, I can take or leave at this point.

The Office though, of course! This is probably the “must-see” of all of my television viewing. What will it be like with Ryan being Michael’s boss? And what happened with Jim and Pam? And is Karen just still sitting in NYC somewhere? Oh Dwight, how I’ve missed you…

Scrubs will be watched as well, but that won’t be on until the month of hour-long episodes of The Office finish up. I can’t say I’m really pulling for JD and Eliot to get together, though.

Fridays & Saturdays:

These are not TV nights, my friends.

Sundays:

I guess I could lie and say I’ll still watch Desperate Housewives, but that would be embarrassing to myself and others.


So that’s it, dear neglected readers! What shows are on your schedule?

2 comments:

Eileen said...

I think you summed up my upcoming tv viewing schedule and my thoughts on the shows you listed that I do watch. Well said! My other shows to keep an eye out for are listed in a previous entry of mine--Curb Your Enthusiasm and Dexter will be a Sunday night toss-up (since I quit watching Desperate Housewives early last season). My On-Demand stations will be getting a lot of use!

James said...

Fall is one of my favorite times of year, in part because of the new television schedule. If I am a television addict, which I must admit that I am, then my DVR is certainly my enabler. With the help of my DVR I usually give many shows at least a 1 episode shot of getting into my rotation. It is still early on in the season so it remains to be seen what my final rotation will be. But here is the basic gist of it so far.

Sunday: Dexter, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Tell Me You Love Me, Brothers and Sisters
Monday: How I Met Your Mother, Chuck, Aliens in America, Weeds, Californication
Tuesday: Reaper, Boston Legal
Wednesday: Pushing Daisies, Bionic Woman, Private Practice, Dirty Sexy Money, Life
Thursday: My Name Is Earl, 30 Rock, Grey's Anatomy, The Office, Scrubs
Friday: Friday Night Lights

My rotation is a solid mix of returning shows and newcomers. Wednesday is surprisingly filled with all new shows. Tuesday will definitely be a Netflix night. Aliens in America and Pushing Daisies have yet to air so those are both on here based purely on critic buzz. The highlights of the week for me are Dexter, Curb, HIMYM, the Office and Friday Night Lights.