Friday, June 26, 2009

Favorite Michael Jackson Memory

I thought it would be appropriate to share our favorite memories involving Michael Jackson.

When my older sister and I were little kids my mom always used to play music while she cleaned. The music ranged from The Eagles to Billy Joel to Air Supply to the Beatles to James Taylor. As little kids though, our favorite was most definitely the Thriller album by MJ. My older sister and I would dance in the living room while my mom cleaned. I'm surprised we didn't wear it out. I still have the record though. A truly happy memory.

1 comment:

Eileen said...

Isn't it amazing how tied into our childhood Thriller is? Every time I hear a song from it (or the album as a whole), I really feel like I'm taken back to my childhood. I remember listening to it all the time and thinking that guitar belt was the coolest. I must have listened to it every day for a while to still have such a strong reaction to it.

I also used to love the movie The Wiz when I was little. "Ease on Down the Road" still sticks with me. I haven't seen it in forever (and I'm thinking it doesn't hold up like it did when I was 5), but MJ as the scarecrow is a memory that I will always have.