Saturday, March 8, 2008

Childhood Flashback Moment of the Day

So I was doing some cleaning on this snowy Saturday afternoon, listening to my Beatles playlist on iTunes. The track "You Really Got A Hold On Me" from the Live At The BBC album came on and triggered a pop culture moment that laid deep in the recesses of my mind. I'm talking something I clearly haven't thought about in years.

Maybe I repressed this memory due to its disturbing nature? All I remember is the song, and some large red puppety thing being very clingy. A feeling of being trapped came over me. I needed air. What could this be?!

A quick consult of YouTube found the answer for me...it wasn't all just a dream.

Upon watching I thought maybe it wasn't as disturbing as I thought it was as a child. I can say maybe it's not, but it's still kind of creepy.

2 comments:

Eileen said...

I don't remember that, but way to go! You have quite the memory. :)

James said...

I have to say that is somewhat disturbing. I absolutely love the original version song by Smokey, but this was just an atrocity. I don't blame you for repressing it.